Power BI: Accessibility Tips
Presentation slide deck
Power BI: Accessibility Tips.
[PowerPoint 14.4 MB PPTX]
What can we do to make our Power BI reports more accessible? In this 20 minute presentation I explain the four principles of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and how they relate to the creation of Power BI reports.
Resources and links
- Colour accessibility matrix for UoS PBI Theme 1 JSON
- Overview of accessibility in Power BI By Microsoft.
- The top frustrations that users report when using the web map to accessibility issues.
- PowBility A Browser extension that is meant to test Power BI reports for accessibility, but I could not get it to work.
- Stop Letting Accessibility Be Optional In Your Power BI Reports Blog post from “data savvy me”.
- Keyboard shortcuts in Power BI Desktop By Microsoft.
- Power BI Screen Reader Accessibility Blog post from “data savvy me”.
- Power BI Report Accessibility Checklist Blog post from “data savvy me”
- There is a feature in Edge to make the focus indicator EXTRA visible.
- Microsoft Power Toys
- Accessibility insights Microsoft’s browser extension for automated accessibility testing
- How to Meet WCAG (Quick Reference) from W3C.
- Use Chrome to simulate colour blindness from Chrome Development Team.
- UoS disability staff network.
- Find more of my presentations and blog posts on my website.