Colour Me Impressed?
Sharing a new approach for consistent and accessible Blackboard course menu colour schemes specific to faculties, departments, or subject areas.
Watch the presentation
View the slides on SlideShare
- Download the full presentation PPTX file (14.1 MB)
- Download the full presentation PDF file (4.78 MB)
Links from the presentation
Connect with me
- My blog
- @VLEguru on Twitter
- My YouTube Channel
- Blackboard Community
- Feel welcome to connect with me on LinkedIn
Some recent YouTube videos I made
- How students can create their own groups within Blackboard for work, study, and socialising
- Enable automated captions for Blackboard Collaborate using Google Chrome
- Use a virtual background with Blackboard Collaborate
Resources and articles linked to in the presentation
- University of Southampton Excellence in VLE Awards
- 5 Methods to Achieve Visual Consistency in eLearning
- Consistency is key in online learning: Evaluating student and instructor perceptions of a collaborative online-course template
Using JSHack and CSS
- Example JS Hack that loads CSS on ARCH courses that forces course menus to a certain colour scheme based on the course id.
- JSHack: Real world example of our implementation of colour scheme for the English department.
- JSHack: Real world example of our implementation of colour scheme for the Modern Languages and Linguistics department.
- CSS file used as template for setting course menu colour schemes for implemetation via JSHack.
- JSHack: Real world example of how we disabled course copy (rollover) for certain courses.